Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lighting Workshop in Dresden, Maine

One of our models: Gretchen
I had attempted keeping up a blog, but time seems to have a way of running off on you. One day you realize you had not been current, even though things are always happening. Now that the weather is changing, and more photographic opportunities will present themselves, I am going to see if I get much more responsive. 

Leah Haraden and Model Bridget


It is always good to keep up your skills, and strive to get better. I attended a Studio Lighting Workshop in Dresden, Maine, on Saturday, March 9. The instructor was a local photographer/teacher, Leah Haraden. Leah is not only a very good photographer, but she does a wonderful job mentoring and teaching. She helps you fine tune procedures you have known for years, and learn new techniques at the same time. Any new tips, or tricks, I can pick up will help me with both my nature photography, and when I shoot special events, such as weddings.


Models: Bridget and Gretchen

This coming weekend I will be attending a seminar put on by Rocky Mountain School of Photography. It is not often that a well known workshop comes to Portland, Maine, and I mean to take advantage of it. I hope to pick up some good information about workflow in Lightroom 4. and a few other tips and tricks.

March is proving to be a very busy month. Maine Maple Sunday is March 24th this year. That is always very productive with many photo ops. And hey, in between shooting, you can enjoy that wonderful Maine Maple Syrup. Time to buy enough to last until next March. Have fun shooting this spring.....

Sugar Shack, Hebron, Maine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment